Army personnel in Guam who need assistance following Typhoon Mawar should contact the American Red Cross at 1-877-272-7337 and select the financial assistance option OR apply through the Air Force Aid Society.
Those eligible for Typhoon Mawar financial assistance through Army Emergency Relief include:
- Soldiers on active duty and their eligible Family members
- Soldiers retired from active duty because of longevity and their eligible Family members
- Retired Army Reserve and National Guard Soldiers receiving retired pay and their Family members
- Medically retired Soldiers and their dependents, including both those placed on the Permanent Disability Retired List (PDRL) or Temporary Disability Retirement List (TDRL)
- Surviving spouses and children of Soldiers who died while on active duty (including those on Title 10 Orders) or in an eligible retired status
- Members of the Reserve Component of the Army (National Guard and Army Reserve under Title 10 U.S.C) on continuous active duty for more than 30 consecutive days and their eligible Family members
- Title 10, Title 32 and TPU Army National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers not mobilized or are mobilized for less than 30 consecutive days and those activated in support of Typhoon Mawar relief efforts
Mawar was the strongest typhoon to hit Guam since 2002, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and one of the top 10 strongest storms in the world since 2000.
For additional guidance, contact AER headquarters at 1-866-878-6378 or email email@example.com.