Financial assistance is available for Soldiers (active & retired) affected by Hurricane Dorian. Under current conditions, eligible Soldiers may receive a zero-interest loan up to $600 to help pay for costs associated with preparation, evacuation, and recovery.
– Soldiers on Active Duty and their eligible Family members.
– Soldiers Retired from Active Duty because of longevity and their eligible Family members.
– Retired Army Reserve and National Guard Soldiers receiving retired pay and their Family members.
– Medically Retired Soldiers and their dependents, including both those placed on the Permanent Disability Retired List (PDRL) or Temporary Disability Retirement List (TDRL).
– Surviving Spouses and Children of Soldiers who died while on Active Duty (including those on Title 10 Orders) or in an eligible Retired status.
– Members of the Reserve Component of the Army (National Guard and Army Reserve under Title 10 U.S.C) on continuous Active Duty for more than 30 consecutive days and their eligible Family members.
– Title 10, Title 32 and TPU Army National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers NOT mobilized, or are mobilized for LESS THAN 30 consecutive days, and those activated in support of Flood Relief efforts in the six(6) states listed above.
HOW TO REQUEST ASSISTANCE:
– Visit your nearest military aid society
– Not within 50 miles of a military installation or travel not possible? Call the American Red Cross military assistance hotline: 1-877-272-7337 (select option 3)