Financial assistance is available for Soldiers affected by winter storm Uri. In the event a local office is inaccessible or located further than 50 miles away, the American Red Cross is authorized to process the assistance request (1-877-272-7337).
Examples of valid categories of assistance related to winter storms include: natural disaster recovery, utilities, appliance repair/replace, food, fuel, auto repair, clothing, and more. Contact your local AER officer to learn more.
- Active Duty Soldiers (& Family)
- Retired Soldiers (Longevity or Medically) (& Family)
- Surviving Spouses & Children
- Title 10 ARNG & USAR activated for more than 30 consecutive days (& Family)
- Title 10, Title 32, or TPU ARNG & USAR not activated or activated for less than 30 consecutive days (& Family)
- Title 10, Title 32, or TPU ARNG & USAR activated in response to winter storms (& Family)
How To Request Assistance:
Are you an AER officer? Click here to view Winter Storm Uri Disaster Assistance (Bulletin 01-2021).