The infant formula shortage in the U.S. has received widespread national attention, and AER stands ready to assist. While TRICARE will cover formulas and vitamins for infant enrollees with metabolic disorders, it will not cover regular baby formula for otherwise healthy infants. AER Officers at U.S. Army installations will assist eligible Soldiers and Families as necessary to validate shipping cost expenses.
Those eligible for formula shipping assistance are:
- Soldiers on Active Duty and their eligible Family Members;
- Soldiers Retired from Active Duty because of longevity and their eligible Family Members;
- Retired Army Reserve and National Guard Soldiers receiving retired pay and their Family Members;
- Medically Retired Soldiers and their dependents, including both those placed on the Permanent Disability Retired List (PDRL) or Temporary Disability Retirement List (TDRL);
- Surviving Spouses and Children of Soldiers who died while on Active Duty (including those on Title 10 Orders) or in an eligible Retired status;
- Members of the Reserve Component of the Army (National Guard and Army Reserve under Title 10 U.S.C) on continuous Active Duty for more than thirty (30) consecutive days and their eligible Family Members.